Advocacy Organizations and Collective Action
Shop now. Report incorrect product info or prohibited items. Advocacy Organizations and Collective Action Average rating: 0 out of 5 stars, based on 0 reviews Write a review. Gugerty, Mary Kay.
- The Mystery of the Mobile Temple.
- Astrologickal Magick.
- Low-Cost Sunroom: Heating Your Home With Free Solar Energy (Modern Simplicity Book 5).
- LART DAVOIR TOUJOURS RAISON (French Edition)!
- Advocacy organizations and collective action in SearchWorks catalog.
- Getting There by Design: An Architects Guide to Project and Design Management?
- To Move Forward Is To Move Together: Creating Collective Action Through Roundtables!
Walmart Only 5 left! Free delivery Arrives by Friday, Dec Pickup not available. Add to List.
Aseem Prakash and Mary Kay Gugerty, eds.: Advocacy Organizations and Collective Action
Add to Registry. A new agenda for studying advocacy organizations which treats them as 'firms' operating in policy markets. About This Item We aim to show you accurate product information.
Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer.
Specifications Publisher Cambridge University Press. Customer Reviews. Write a review. Ask a question.
This collection sets out to challenge and reorient the study of advocacy groups and nongovernmental organisations NGOs by deploying a rational choice framework in an area commonly associated with constructivist thought. The premise relies on the theory of the firm as a model for explaining the emergence and behavior of advocacy organisations. A central claim is that NGOs are venues for collective action, and even organizations built on normative imperatives operate with instrumental directives, comparable to those of for-profit commercial entities.
Essentially, NGOs are formed by individual actors who wish to effect change and advance norms, and these objectives are best served by joining with others because acting alone has high costs and a low likelihood of success. In sum, the merit of this particular application of the rational choice approach rests on how far we are willing to extend the metaphor: the strongest chapters apply the metaphor loosely, while the weakest chapters take it entirely too literally.
- Fort comme la mort (French Edition);
- Good Cheer: A Discourse preached in the First Reformed Dutch Church of Philadelphia, May 18, 1862.;
- Reign of the Dead (Zombie Survival Series Book 1)!
- Nevogenesis: Mechanisms and Clinical Implications of Nevus Development.
- Prices, Specifications - PAYBACK.
- The challenges of common goods.
Related Advocacy Organizations and Collective Action
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved